Re: help with Wrong type of argument

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: help with Wrong type of argument
Date: Wed, 03 May 2023 23:32:46 +0200

Le lundi 01 mai 2023 à 12:52 +0200, Lukas-Fabian Moser a écrit :

There's one other way which is sometimes useful (but admittedly won't simplify the present use case much):

#`((lineto 0 ,hgt) (closepath))

is the a list with two elements, namely

This may also be written as:

#(list (list 'lineto 0 hgt) (list 'closepath))

or, mixing the two styles,

#(list (list 'lineto 0 hgt) '(closepath))

Well, these styles are almost equivalent but not quite; the difference trips up people at times.

I think I need to briefly mention this fact somewhere in the tutorial; most of the times it doesn't matter, but in the few cases where it does, tracking down the problem can be extremely confusing if you are not aware of this subtlety.