Othering??

From: Paul Hodges
Subject: Othering??
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 12:28:21 +0100

I am looking at some seriously weird LilyPond (largely Scheme, actually) which I suspect might help with something I am trying to do right now if I can get to follow what it's doing.  The sample I have found compiles correctly, and produces the expected output as far as I can see - but I may be wrong, as the following suggests!

However, the log output says "Othering" several times at the end, as shown in the attached image.  If I run convert-ly on it and compile with 2.25.4, the number of "Othering"s increases dramatically, and this time I also see some errors.  I won't bother you with the code (which is quite large), but knowing what "Othering" is indicating to me might help me figure out where the error I get in the later compilation is coming from.

(Othering is a quite a mild message - yesterday Lilypond told me that what I was doing was insane, using that word...)

Paul