Re: MEI to MusicXML

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: MEI to MusicXML
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 08:46:11 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Jean and Silvain,

>> for a blind student of mine I would like to convert MEI files from
>> the Digital Mozart Edition
>>
>>  https://dme.mozarteum.at/movi/en
>>
>> to MusicXML, which he can convert to something readable on his
>> Braille terminal.
>>
>> Any idea how to do that?
>
> Apparently there is this tool, no idea how well developed or
> maintained it is: https://github.com/music-encoding/encoding-tools

Thanks for the link(s) to this repository, and sorry for the very
late reply.  I'm going to try

  https://github.com/cemfi/meico

which uses the 'music-encoding' XLST stylesheets, AFAIK, and,
according to the release news (from last week) is now able to read and
write MusicXML – let's see how this will work!  I still have some Java
issues, but I guess this can be ironed out soon.

    Werner