Re: Using \after 8 \turn with beamed notes when stem is up produces a tu

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Using \after 8 \turn with beamed notes when stem is up produces a turn under the beam
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2023 12:24:33 -0400

Hi David,

> whether the one-dimensional outside-staff-priority system
> is even well-suited for expressing the desired rules/constraints

Are you able to say a little more about what you’re thinking there? (The
meaning I infer is that a two-dimensional system could allow for a L/R
priority, which is a long-standing feature wish of mine — somewhere in the list
archives are examples of me asking whether, e.g., tempo markings and rehearsal
marks could automatically “slide” left or right instead of just up and down.)

Thanks,
Kieren.