Re: squeezing a page

From: Jakob Pedersen
Subject: Re: squeezing a page
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 00:53:58 +0200

Hi Tom

The documentation provides different methods to fit music on fewer pages: https://lilypond.org/doc/Documentation/notation/fitting-music-onto-fewer-pages

Adding page-count = 6 to your /paper block is probably the easiest option.

Best wishes,
Jakob

On 10.07.2023 00.39, Tom Sgouros wrote:
Hello all:

I have a piece that spans seven printed pages, and I wish it was six. There are just four meagre measures on that last page and I wish I could persuade Lilypond to squeeze one more line onto the sixth page, as it did on the fifth page. I've looked at some of the vertical spacing controls, and so far my attempts to use them seem to make things look worse. Can anyone share some general tips for the order of things to try to do some gentle squeezing?

Thank you,

 -Tom