Re: lilypond "preprocessor"?

From: Stefano Antonelli
Subject: Re: lilypond "preprocessor"?
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 05:33:18 +0000

On Sun, 2023-12-10 at 08:46 -0500, Michael Werner wrote:
> And then I would have anotherFile.ly containing something like:
>
> \include "song.ly"
>
> \book {
>   \myHeaders
>   \score {
>     \theMusic
>   }
> }

Thanks for the suggestion Michael.  I like that idea, but it doesn't
help with the problem.

> I'm not at all familiar with ly2video, so I really have no idea if
> this'll be directly useful to you. But for getting the headers from
> an included file, this is how I do it with nearly all the music I
> engrave. Maybe it can serve as a starting point.

The issue is that ly2video parses anotherFile.ly directly and it can't
see the fields in the header block because they are defined in song.ly.
 It doesn't have lilypond's smarts to parse "\include song.ly".

Thanks,
Stef