Re: String pressure notation

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: String pressure notation
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 03:59:44 -0700

On 2024-04-16 3:41 am, Archer Endrich wrote:
Hello Richard,

Your bow-pressure graphic looks great, and I hope your question about horizontal proportions can be answered soon.

Another feature of your illustration is relevant to my wish list:  the downward-pointing brackets with 9" in the middle.  I've been trying to find a way to do this for some time.  Could you forward the code for this feature?  Perhaps it is just something basic that I've missed.

I believe you misunderstood. The picture provided was an external reference, not LilyPond output. (It's easy to spot because the treble clef is leaning as if it would fall to the right. Most non-LilyPond fonts have this flaw.) The point of the attached image was to provide a visual example of the desired feature, not that such feature is implemented in LilyPond yet.

----

What you are looking for, however, can be done with horizontal/analysis brackets:

%%%%
\version "2.25.13"

\new Voice
\with { \consists Horizontal_bracket_engraver }
{
  b'4
  -\tweak layer 0
  -\tweak direction #UP
  -\tweak bracket-flare #'(0 . 0)
  -\tweak HorizontalBracketText.Y-offset -0.5
  -\tweak HorizontalBracketText.text
    \markup \whiteout \pad-around #0.5 "9\""
  -\startGroup 4 2\stopGroup
}
%%%%

-- Aaron Hill