linphone-developers

[Linphone-developers] Debug Assestion Failed with _CrtIsValidHeapPointer

From: Krunal Patil
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Debug Assestion Failed with _CrtIsValidHeapPointer
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 16:39:31 +0530

Hi All,
Thanks for spending time on this issue.

I am developing on top of liblinphone in C++. The issue which I am facing is that many times when I perform a video call, I am getting problem of Debug Assestion Failed with _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(block). All the pointers which I am using are shared_ptr. I am creating very few shared_ptr, most of them are used to create listeners, which are then added to core or call. Other shared pointers which I am using are getting generated by liblinphone, like creating Address from a Url etc.

I am also attaching a file, which contains the call stack when I am getting above assertion failed.

Linphone-sdk version which I using is 5.0.18-2-g480eff271.

Can someone please give me some directions on how can I solve this?

To give some more information, I am using inviteAddressWithParams method from Core to perform a video call, I am not storing the returned shared pointer shared_ptr<linphone::Call>. Whenever I need shared pointer of ongoing call, I use getCurrentCall method from the Core, again I don't store the shared pointer which this method returns. As I am not storing shared_ptr returned by inviteAddressWithParams method, I am not using linphone_call_ref method, which is mentioned in the C++ documentation of inviteAddressWithParams  method.

It will be really helpful if someone gives me some direction to solve this issue.
Thanks for looking into this.

Thanks and Regards,
Krunal Patil.

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Quantiphi Inc and/or its affiliates. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any review, dissemination, distribution, copying, storage or other use of all or any portion of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message in its entirety