linphone-developers

[Linphone-developers] Disabling STUN in mediastreamer

From: Josh Buhler
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Disabling STUN in mediastreamer
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 20:45:47 +0000

Is it possible to disable STUN completely? Within our iOS app, we’re using linphone_nat_policy_enable_stun to turn off STUN. When using linphone_nat_policy_stun_enabled on our current NAT policy, it returns false. However, even with STUN and ICE set to false, we still see a steady stream of “[mediastreamer]:Stun packet of length 20 sent on rtcp for session” messages in our logs.

We’re currently trying to debug an issue, and a partner has suggested that STUN packets may be part of the issue. We’re just trying to remove them completely, to see what effect that may have on the issue that we’re seeing.

// Josh