[Linphone-users]Re: use with outbound proxy siproxd

From: Thomas Ries
Subject: [Linphone-users]Re: use with outbound proxy siproxd
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 01:47:34 +0100 (CET)

Hi there

As the maintainer of siproxd I may provide some useful informations ;-)

First I have to admin that the documentation of siproxd is
a) far from complete
b) not very detailed yet
c) could be better ;-)

For your enviroment the config of the linphone SIP parameters
would look like:

Your sip address:       sip:rbrewer@<your_ppp_IP_address>
Server address:         sip:192.168.0.1
Address of record:      sip:rbrewer@<your_ppp_IP_address>

The following check boxes enabled:
- use sip registrar
- Proxy server
- Outbound Proxy

<your_ppp_IP_address> is the IP address (or host name) that you
got on the PPP link.

For siproxd, the outbound address will be <your_ppp_IP_address>.
Currently, you have two possibilities to use dynamic IP addresses
with siproxd:

a) Edit the config file each time you IP changes
   I agree, this is not desirable

b) use some dynamic DNS service and then use the host name.
   I personally use DynDNS (-> http://www.dyndns.org)

I may add some better support for dynamic IP addresses within
siproxd.

(has anybody some C code snipplets at hand how to fetch the IP
address of a specific interface by knowing just its name?)

Regards,

/Thomas

--
GnuPG Public Key: