[Linphone-users]Warning: Soundblaster PCI 128 - different models

From: Ekkard Gerlach
Subject: [Linphone-users]Warning: Soundblaster PCI 128 - different models
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:23:32 +0000

Hello,

pay attention: using kernel modules for
Soundblaster PCI 128  there are big diffenences
in jitter delay on LAN network (only 2 PC's,
not other traffic):

 1. Soundblaster PCI 128   Model 4700 : minimum 2 seconds
    delay
    Chip: es1370
 2. Soundblaster PCI 128   Model 4810 : about .5 seconds
    delay
    Chip: es1371

I set down number of buffered milliseconds to bottom
 (60 millisecond). I own model 4810 two times and 4700
for one time. I tested the cards with each other.

Maybe that kernel modules for es1370 are implemented badly.
Alsa-modules have problems with my 2.4.19 kernel (origin
is Suse 7.2, 2.4.4) . Maybe
that alsa works when I try once again. (But not now)

Next test ist that I compile sound support and es1371 into the
kernel, not as module like now. Hope that jitter delay
will be less than .5 sec.

Using linphone 0.9.1 (rpm-version , taken yesterday from
linphone server)

any comments?

Ekkard