Re: [Linphone-users]Mediastreamer Functionality ?

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users]Mediastreamer Functionality ?
Date: 05 Dec 2002 21:43:20 +0100

Hello,
Le mer 04/12/2002 à 12:34, Shweta Kalyani a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your previous response.
> I have a few questions related to mediastreamer and libortp :
> 1. Can you please clarify as to what exactly is mediastreamer and
> oRTP. Is
> it the mediastreamer which provides control over playing and recording
> data
> or is this functionality present in oRTP?
oRTP is an RTP library. It is not responsible for playing files or
recording files. It just sends and receive rtp packets.
The mediastreamer can get streams from disk, from soundcard, transform
those streams through codecs, and put those streams to soundcard, disk
file, network (rtp).
The mediastreamer is modular so that you can decide what to do with a
stream by connecting modules between them, like:
MSRtpRecv---->GSMDecoder---->MSOssWrite
MSOssWrite is the module (or filter) to write to soundcard.
There are many test_* programs to read to understand how to use the
mediastreamer.

> 2. If instead of playing/recording voice from the computers
> speakers/mic if
> we want to throw and recieve the data over some other device/file, a
> socket
You have to create some source and sink filters like MSWrite and MSRead
(the simplest example) to handle your specific device.

Simon

--
Simon Morlat <address@hidden>