Re: [Linphone-users]Can't compile 0.9.1

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users]Can't compile 0.9.1
Date: 03 Feb 2003 22:17:52 +0100

Bonjour,

Le lun 03/02/2003 à 16:01, Fabrice DELENTE a écrit :
> Hello all.
>
> I downloaded and untar'gzipped linphone 0.9.1. I chose 0.9.1 because I don't
> have gnome-2.0 installed.
>
> When I configured, I had this message:
>
> (...)
> checking for gtkdoc-mkdb... false
> configure: error: conditional "HAVE_ORBIT" was never defined.
> Usually this means the macro was only invoked conditionally.
>
> and the 'configure' script stopped, not producing a Makefile, so I acn't
> compile.
>
> My 'configure' command line was:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/sec --enable-alsa --enable-gnome_ui=no --with-osip=/sec
> --disable-nls
>
> (/sec is my test directory; /sec/bin is on my path and /sec/lib is in
> /etc/ld.so.conf)
>
> What's strange is that I have ORBit installed (version ORBit-0.5.8) though I
> don't have gtkdoc-mkdb. Furthermore I don't want the gnome ui - command line
> will be perfect :^)

This is a known bug of configure script of 0.9.1. Please use 0.10.0.

> I tried linphone-0.10.0 but didn't succeed, as it needed a 'cposix' lib that
> I guess is included in gnome-2.0 - though I gave 'configure' the
> --enable-gnome_ui=no switch.
I am very surpised of that. There is no 'cposix' special requirement, as
far as I know, so you have probably discovered a configure bug.
To compile a minimal linphone (console only) you need glib-2.2.

> My system is a Slackware 8.0 distro.
This is first time a user is talking about linphone on this
distribution...

> Any hint?
Can you please send me the configure errors, and the file config.log ?
Thank you very much.

Simon

--
Simon Morlat <address@hidden>