Re: [Linphone-users]Problem: Refusing codec...

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users]Problem: Refusing codec...
Date: 22 May 2003 16:59:24 +0200

I'm now pretty sure that the problem is related to your audio driver. It
is probably only half duplex, so that read() to the sound card always
return 0 ; while write() to the soundcard works.
Please use alsa-drivers (the best audio driver of the world), not the
kernel official one. see http://www.alsa-project.org
Linux-2.5 embeds alsa driver officially.
If you are using debian, you have to install alsa-modules-2.4.20 and you
will prompted for your card type so that installation goes well.
For the Compaq Armada M300 PIII 500Mhz with support for maestro compiled
into the kernel, then you 'll have to get rid of this support. (use a
standart kernel of your favourite distribution).
Simon