Re: [Linphone-users]Liphone - SER set-up over IPv6

From: Vangelis Bouzianis
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users]Liphone - SER set-up over IPv6
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:16:07 +0200

Simon,

thanks a lot for your reply. I am using the same binary (the rpm available for Red Hat 9.0) for all machines. The difference is that 2 of the machines are virtual ones (using Vmware). I have had some troubles with Vmware and virtual ethernet adapters in the past. Though all machines communicate perfectly well with native IPv6 between them, somehow the virtual machines set-up is slightly different than the actual physical one, mixing up some applications like Linphone for example. Obviously this is not a Linphone problem, though it is useful to know exactly which system call it uses to detect the network interfaces (and thanks for that info). I will try to look further into this and let you know.

In the meantime, is there maybe some setting in the .gnome2/linphone file that I can use to force linphone to use a contact address based on an allocated IP even if it does not detect it through getifaddresses()? It does succeed in communicating with IPv6 packets, it's just that it uses an IPv4 contact address. I tried using loc_addr=[3ffe::...] following from an older posting on this mailing list though that does not seem to work (it was for an older version of Linphone anyway).

Many Thanks

Vangelis