[Linphone-users] addlink directly from soundcard to rtp, any problems?

From: Franklin
Subject: [Linphone-users] addlink directly from soundcard to rtp, any problems?
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:23:43 +0800

Hello:

I have used linphonec and found it very excellent. But when I tried to port
it over the uclinux+arm7tdmi platform I met some problems that need your
kind reply.

My platform will give linphonec the G711 encoded data to transport so I need
made some modifications to linphonec. I have changed the following in
Audiostream.c
ms_filter_add_link(stream-soundread,stream-encoder);
ms_filter_add_link(stream->encoder,stream->rtpsend);
ms_filter_add_link(stream->rtprecv,stream->decoder);
ms_filter_add_link(stream->decoder,stream->soundwrite);
To:
ms_filter_add_link(stream-soundread,stream->rtpsend);
ms_filter_add_link(stream->rtprecv,stream->soundwrite);

And
ms_filter_remove_links(stream->soundread,stream->encoder);
ms_filter_remove_links(stream->encoder,stream->rtpsend);
ms_filter_remove_links(stream->rtprecv,stream->decoder);
ms_filter_remove_links(stream->decoder,stream->soundwrite);
 To:
 ms_filter_remove_links(stream->soundread,stream->rtpsend);
 ms_filter_remove_links(stream->rtprecv,stream->soundwrite);

But when I compiled it and run over the PC(I mean transporting the PCM from
soundcard directly over RTP), there are the following errors:
(process:2855): MediaStreamer-CRITICAL **: file msossread.c: line 114
(ms_oss_read_process): assertion `p!=NULL' failed

However, when I debuged it I found the P isn't NULL and increased 512 every
step. So what is wrong with my modification and how can transport the data
from soundcard directly to RTP ? Please give me some clues.

Thank you very much!

bestwishes
Franklin