[Linphone-users] Question about linphone's RTP

From: Kevin K
Subject: [Linphone-users] Question about linphone's RTP
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 01:22:46 -0700

Hi all,

I am looking into linphone as a possible software to implement an RTP/UDP/IP header compression algorithm (for benchmarking purposes) into the VoIP stack. From the website, it looks as if Linphone may have the flexibility for me to do such an implementation. Basically, what I would need to do is play with the RTP encapsulation after voice data has been encoded and before it goes out over the IP network. Does this sound like it may fit into Linphone's architecture? Or would this be something that would fit into Speex VoIP stack? I guess I am less interested in the SIP aspect of things, but I believe I will need SIP to connect the call, after which point RTP header compression could be used.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Kevin

MSN 8: Get 6 months for $9.95/month http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup