Re: [Linphone-users] (no subject)

From: Philip Fleischer
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:01:55 -0400

When an application can't bind the socket address it wants, it
is often because it is already in use, possibly from a previous
invokation of the same application and the socket is not free
yet.

As to the lo device, I would not worry about that.  Run
sipomatic on 127.0.0.1:5064 and ask linphone to try to
connect with it at the same address.

You definitely need your sound card working well to get
linphone working.  You test with sound with rec and play
(from sox package) and be sure they are working.  Use
KMiz or aumix to be sure you are recording on the microphone
and that the levels are high enough to hear well.