Re: [Linphone-users] libosip

From: Ged Haywood
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] libosip
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 20:45:22 +0000 (GMT)

Hello again,

I have sites in France and England linked by the VPN.  I have set up
linphone over the link but it doesn't seem to be working properly.
The VPN is provided by OpenVPN and it seems to be very robust.  The
compiler at both sites is gcc 3.2.3 with glibc 2.3.1, kernel 2.4.22.

>From each site I can run linphone to connect to sipomatic running at
the other site, although if the contact is repeated a second time, the
robot's voice quality seems to be degraded until sipomatic is stopped
and restarted.  The linphone connection appears to terminate normally
after each call.

Using linphone at one site I can make contact with linphone running at
the other site.  The dial and ring tones are fine, and I can answer
the call, and speak a few words which are reproduced clearly at the
*French* site, although there is a considerable delay (seconds) in the
voice message.  The user at the French site sees a number of messages
about RTP packets being rejected during this time.

Unfortunately then linphone segfaults at the English site.  It is
always this site which suffers the segfault.  No sound is reproduced
except the tone announcing the incoming call.  The tone is itself
clearly reproduced and stops as it should when the call is answered.

The computer at the French site is a PII 500, Crystal 3DFX sound card.
Linphone 0.12; libosip 0.9.7; oss sound drivers.  Unfortunately the
Alsa drivers do not support this card.  At this site linphone does not
segfault.

At the English site is an Athlon 1300, on-board (VIA8233) sound.  It's
all the same software, but I have also tried the Alsa sound drivers,
both versions 0.9.6 and 0.9.8, with exactly the same results, and
kernel 2.6.0-test5 again with the same results.  Linphonec also
segfaults.

Where should I start looking?

73,
Ged.