Re: [Linphone-users] libosip

From: Ged Haywood
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] libosip
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 22:59:26 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Troy,

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Troy Cauble wrote:

> [snip]
> RTP timestamps don't have anything to do with wallclock or machine time.
> [snip]

Thanks for the background information, I appreciate it.

> I don't know anything about linphone's implementation in this area

Neither do I (nor do I want to :).  All I can say is that version
0.12.0 didn't do anything like it and it _almost_ worked.  There's a
chance it might yet work on different hardware but that won't happen
for a while, the hardware I need to upgrade is 1,000 miles away from
where I'm sitting now so I can't simply jump in the car with a box...

> you could use ethereal

I'm sorry to say I just can't afford the time to get into that.  I've
already spent a couple of weeks on it with nothing usable to show for
the effort.  This was just to let the author know what I found.  If
it's still unusable on new hardware I guess I'll either wait until the
problems are fixed, look elsewhere, or keep on paying the 'phone bills.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

73,
Ged.