Re: [Linphone-users] no sound

From: matt zagrabelny
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] no sound
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:18:24 -0600

bottom post (see below)

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 10:12, Simon MORLAT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What drivers are you using ?
> Alsa drivers are higly recommended on both pc's to avoid bugs on full
> duplex mode of some oss drivers.
> Simon
>
> matt zagrabelny wrote:
>
> >hi,
> >
> >i have seen similar postings to the mailing list regarding this subject,
> >however i did not seem to find an answer.
> >
> >i have two computers (on a private lan) both are running debian
> >unstable, both are running linphone 0.12.0, both are using oss as the
> >sound driver.
> >
> >either of the two computers calls the other and the following occurs:
> >
> >both computers ring (audible sound) and the receiving computer answers
> >the request then nothing can be heard. this is the current problem that
> >i cannot work around.
> >
> >the speakers work right? there was an audible ring on both computers
> >when the call was being placed.
> >
> >i have verified that the microphone works:
> >cat /dev/dsp > audio.raw
> >cat audio.raw > /dev/dsp
> >
> >has anyone seen similar problems and knows a solution or has a
> >suggestion?
> >
> >i am not on the mailing list, so please cc me when responding.
> >
> >thanks,
> >
> >-matt zagrabelny

thanks simon, here are some diagnostics:

relevant contents of lspci -vv:

00:05.0 Multimedia audio controller: Cirrus Logic CS 4614/22/24
[CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] (rev 01)
        Subsystem: IBM: Unknown device 0153
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
        Latency: 64 (1000ns min, 6000ns max)
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
        Region 0: Memory at e8122000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
[size=4K]
        Region 1: Memory at e8000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
[size=1M]
        Capabilities: <available only to root>

relevant contents of lsmod:

zero:~# lsmod
cs46xx                 59156   2
ac97_codec             11796   0  [cs46xx]
soundcore               3652   3  [cs46xx]