[Linphone-users] Re: My machine just rebooted!

From: Ged Haywood
Subject: [Linphone-users] Re: My machine just rebooted!
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:13:53 +0000 (GMT)

Hi there,

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 address@hidden wrote:
> [snip]
>    5.  My machine just rebooted! (Jason A. Pattie)
>    6.  Rebooting (Jason A. Pattie)

Please keep the same subject line for the same thread!
How is one to know what it's about if you keep changing it?

> [snip]
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:51:16 -0600
> From: "Jason A. Pattie" <address@hidden>
> Subject: [Linphone-users] My machine just rebooted!
> To: address@hidden

All this extraneous crap makes it *really* difficult for those of us who
get thousands of mail messages per day and have to subscribe to the digest
versions of the mailing lists and a good spam filter (like SpamAssassin:).

Later message.  It took 63 lines in the Digest (not all your fault:) to say:

> I found out something more.  It always happens when I go to "hangup"

Sounds to me like you are using USB hotplugging.  Don't do that unless you
can be reasonably confident that Linux won't crash when you load or unload
any of your USB modules.

73,
Ged.