Re: [Linphone-users] some clarifications about test modules in mediastre

From: Shivaji Navale
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] some clarifications about test modules in mediastreamer
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 15:16:30 +0530 (IST)

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004, sting sting wrote:

> Hello,
> can anybody give
> some clarifications about test modules under mediastreamer
> like test_gsm or test_speex ;
> what exactly do these modules do ?
> from where are  they getting input and where is their output ?
> it seems that they include encoding/decoding.
> Can it be done with files  as input/output using them?
> If  anyone can give some clarifications I would greatly appreciate it.

Is it that you want to know how to interface files for testing purpose.
Or just wanna know about the test modules (why ?)

If it is the former than Simon had already replied to such a query of
mine,
which am rephrasing here.

You could test the application for input/output from files by
having the audio_stream_with_sndcard changed to
audio_stream_start_with_files (in linphonecore.c and/or
osipuacb.c), both functions defined in audiostream.c.

For the later part,
i had used mediastream module of mediastreamer, and you need to give
proper parameters while invoking this test modules, as usually the
coreapi applications (linphone(c) ) passes the complete set of
parameters.
for the test_gsm /test_speex are test modules which process the sound
device (/dev/dsp ) using the gsm or speex codec. Opens the /dev/dsp
in read and capture mode.
May be experts could make it more meaningful.

regards,
shivaji...