Re: [Linphone-users] problems with asterisk

From: Tom Poindexter
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] problems with asterisk
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:29:28 +0000

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 09:52:27AM -0600, Jason A. Pattie wrote:

> I can only use ALSA (since I bought a Plantronics DSP 400 USB headset)
> and now it seems that the default sound system for the familiar
> distribution is ALSA as well.  I've tried all sorts of other software
> phones and none work properly with the USB headset except (almost)
> linphone.  linphone seems to work the best as far as audio is concerned.

Re: USB headsets - I just bought a Logitech 300 USB headset, it seems to work
for me, but not with linphone since linphone doesn't play well with OSS.
The in-line mute and volume controls don't work, but I can live with that.
I'm using the stock OSS & usb drivers with RedHat 9.  I had to add a /dev
node for /dev/dsp2 (14,35), my internal sound hardware takes /dev/dsp and
/dev/dsp1. When I have more free cycles, I'll finally get the ALSA
drivers installed and try the various combinations.  I'd rather have an *
softphone solution that doesn't require extra drivers.

I've had the best luck with Gnophone as a softphone for *, still looking for
a better solution.

--
Tom Poindexter
address@hidden