Re: [Linphone-users] how to change interface network from lo to ppp0

From: Jamey Hicks
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] how to change interface network from lo to ppp0
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 14:01:45 -0400

rezakahar wrote:

Hi,
I'd like to use linphone, but it runs on transport layer using STCP. As we
know, Linphone is using UDP.
Any Idea about this, Linphone runs on SCTP? I need it for my research
Or do you know any application using SCTP as transport layer?
BTW, there is some one (Thomas Pang, did it for his thesis Master)have used
Linphone using SCTP as transport layer, and he did some modification in
linphone, but until know, i don't understand about his modification

Linphone uses UDP. It would have to be modified to use SCTP. Perhaps Thomas Pang would send you a patch or a copy of his code containing the modifications. If you know how to program UDP socket layer in Linux, it would not be too difficult for you to make the modification to Linphone. Oh, now I understand the subject line -- you want to run ppp over sctp? Wouldn't it be better to use a more direct encapsulation, like IP GRE?

Jamey