[Linphone-users] Problem compiling linphone

From: Hubert Kiyimba
Subject: [Linphone-users] Problem compiling linphone
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 15:52:11 +0300

I am a fresher at using linphone. On configuring linphone with ./configure, I get a message informing me that the gnome interface is disabled because glib was disabled or glib2 was not installed. Below is the message.
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating docs/Makefile
config.status: creating osipua-config.h
config.status: osipua-config.h is unchanged
Linphone build configuration ended.
* Compilation of gnome interface is disabled because glib support was disabled or glib-2.0 was not found.
* Console interface will be compiled.
Now type 'make' to compile, and then 'make install' as root to install it. I installed glib and Glib2 plus gnome but I still got the above message. I went ahead to type make then make install. The make install gave the following error message. ERROR: Could not load ~/.linphonec or ~/.gnome2/linphone . Please edit example configuration file /usr/share/linphonec/linphonec and copy it to ~/.linphonec Part of the " make install" compilation is shown below
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/linphone-0.12.2/developer-docs'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linphone-0.12.2/developer-docs'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/linphone-0.12.2/developer-docs'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/linphone-0.12.2'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linphone-0.12.2'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linphone-0.12.2'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/linphone-0.12.2'
linux:/home/linphone-0.12.2 #
linux:/home/linphone-0.12.2 #
linux:/home/linphone-0.12.2 #
linux:/home/linphone-0.12.2 #
linux:/home/linphone-0.12.2 #
linux:/home/linphone-0.12.2 #
linux:/home/linphone-0.12.2 # linphonec
NLS disabled.
WARNING: Could not load config file ~/.linphonec, trying to use ~/.gnome2/linphone ERROR: Could not load ~/.linphonec or ~/.gnome2/linphone . Please edit example configuration file
/usr/share/linphonec/linphonec and copy it to ~/.linphonec
You hust have to configure local address, username, and hostname.
Alternatively, you can run the GTK+ version of linphone to configure it once time and then retry linphonec. may someone give me some advice.

Hubert

"You'll never leave where you are, until you decide where you'd rather be."