Re: [Linphone-users] no srv records being looked up in pre4 ?

From: Samuel Mimram
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] no srv records being looked up in pre4 ?
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 14:12:26 +0100

FWIW we recently had a bug in Debian about this, see:
The linphone's developer told me that it should be fixed in a (more or less) near future.

Regards,

Samuel.

Remco van de Meent wrote:
Hi,

While debugging some problems I have with linphone 1.0.0-pre4, it
appeared to me that when I called sip:address@hidden without a proxy,
linphone did not lookup the srv records in DNS.

What I would expect, and what linphone 0.12.2 is doing, is that the DNS
would be queried for the _sip._udp.domain srv record. pre4, however,
only looked up domain's a record, and tried to connect to the resulting
IP number. Which differs from the name in the srv record.

I don't know whether this is desired behavior for linphone 1.0 or not,
by the way.

Thank you,

Remco