[Linphone-users] linphone-1.0.0pre6

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: [Linphone-users] linphone-1.0.0pre6
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:28:47 +0100

Hello,

I've just put a new pre-release tarball on
http://simon.morlat.free.fr/download/unstable/source

* one new feature:
- call history (with missed calls)

* some change: each newly entered proxy is set to be the proxy by default,
which should solve a common mistake by linphone-1.0.0 branch users: entering
a new proxy setting didn't make linphone use your identity on this proxy for
outgoing calls. This will be the case now. Remember that if you want linphone
to use your proxy as an outboud proxy (ie all requests go through this proxy)
then all you have to do is to set the route parameter to your proxy address.
This is the standart way of defining outbound proxies in RFC3261.

* some bugfixes updated french translation.
If some of you are volunteers, all the other translation files (po files in
po/ directory) need to be updated because of the new features of the 1.0.0
branch. ( existing translations files are de, es, fr, it, ja, pl).

Feel free to send comments, translation files, bug reports and so on.

Two bad things yet:
- the gnome_help_display() does not work because the manual that was
originally in html has to be written in XML to comply to new gnome standart
(not very funny work). If some of you have ideas to convert the original lyx
file to gnome-xml documentation, you are welcome !

- there is a unfortunately rare segmentation fault at startup (within
get_codec() usually), but I could not find the bug. The crash happens when
memory is already corrupted, even with electric-fence I could not find the
original fault, and with valgrind the bug does not produce at all (so this is
a workaround -:) )

Thanks for your attention and happy new year.