[Linphone-users] Using a proxy

From: Mikhail Ramendik
Subject: [Linphone-users] Using a proxy
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:54:07 +0300

Hello,

I am using linphonec 1.0.0pre8.

The codecs problem was not a linphone issue. I was edting the wrong config. Th
eright one did not have the password and proxy - but the proxy was mis-setup
and worked anyway. Sorry...

Now it is fixed, and I'd like to register on the proxy and to call through it
with my password. However, I can't seem to find a way to do this! In the
config copied from old ~/.gnome2/linphone into ~/.linphonec , it does not
recognize the proxy, as "proxy list" gives a blank. When I try adding a proxy
using "proxy add", it segfaults if I try to specify a route; if not, it
enters the proxy OK, but never asks for a password, and does not seem to be
able to use it for calls.

If the UI does not work, never mind, I can edit the config. With either the UI
or the config, how do I specify a proxy that linphonec should register on,
and use for all phone numbers?

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik