[Linphone-users] Regarding Simputer LAN problem

From: Vasantha Kumar Puttappa
Subject: [Linphone-users] Regarding Simputer LAN problem
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:19:14 +0530 (IST)

Dear Friends,

  I am trying to make a call from PDA (simputer) to a LAN desktop machine.

  * When I connect Desktop PC and access point to a HUB and make a call
from simputer to LAN desktop using linphone, call is being setup
properly and I am able to commuincate.

  * But when I connect Desktop PC and access point to a switch and try to
make a call from PDA (simputer) to Desktop PC, although invite request
goes to Desktop PC and it accepts the request, its not able to get ACK
from simputer and so, its getting time out.

  When I observed packet flow using "etheral", there was ICMP packet sent
from simputer to Dektop pc and the error was "destination not
reachable".

Although when I did the same tests using LAPTOP instead of PDA ,
everything was working fine.

Please if anybody has any idea, please help me out.

I need to solve this very badly.

vasanth