Re: [Linphone-users] Alsa makes no noise

From: Marcel Karras
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Alsa makes no noise
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 19:07:53 +0200

Hello,

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 17:30:15 +0200 (CEST)
"Marcel Karras" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I can play sounds with aplay normally and linphone states having found
> alsa, too.

does linphone support ALSA version 1.0.9? It's quite strange: _all_
ALSA-Utils programs are working perfectly but linphone doesn't
produce any sound. I'm about to look closer to the source in order to
compare it to the already working programs. Something seems to be
buggy or misconfigured. I don't know if ALSA is the problem or linphone.
In addition: With mpg321 I get various "Buffer Underruns". I just
posted to the ALSA mailinglist in order to get specific support.
Is anyone of you working with kernel >=2.6.11 and ALSA lib version
1.0.9? I'll keep you up to date if I can find further infos.

Greetings
- Marcel Karras

Contact: address@hidden   address@hidden
http://www.freebits.de      http://www.tu-chemnitz.de
Unix, Linux && OpenSource   Student of Chemnitz University of Technology