[Linphone-users] trouble entering a password

From: Doug Smith
Subject: [Linphone-users] trouble entering a password
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 23:25:28 -0500

To whom it may concern:

This is Doug Smith.  I have recently joined the linphone-users list,
and I have to ask a question here, as I did before.

I have registered on fwd.pulver.com for an account so that I can use
linphone as a tool in some upcoming work.  However, I have a problem.

They say that the passwords on the voice mailboxes have to be at least
4 numbers long and cannot be anything but numbers.  Ok, I entered this
as I was instructed.

Now, when I call sip:address@hidden, I am not able to get into my
voice mail.  It is really strange.  If you need me to run a debug log
on this I can, but the thing seems to involve understanding of
combinations of numbers.

When I put in my password, I simply expect that the tones will be sent
out and the asterisk server on their end will be able to understand
what I am talking about.  I want to enter the password into my voice
mailbox.

However, nothing seems to go out from linphonec.  I am blind and
cannot use the graphical version.  What happens is this:

linphonec Cannot understand this.

It seems that no numbers go out after I hit the return key.  Am I
possibly doing something wrong in entering the information that
linphonec cannot understand a simple line of numbers and generate the
appropriate touch tone sounds?

Thank you for your assistance.

--
Doug Smith: C.S.F.C.