Re: [Linphone-users] adding G726-40,32,24,16 dynamic PT codecs to oRTP

From: Dimitris Tsaimos
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] adding G726-40,32,24,16 dynamic PT codecs to oRTP
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:47:47 +0200

Simon Morlat wrote:

Hello,

Your payload definitions are ok. I think your noise problem probably results of encoding/decoding problems. Also check that all packets are correctly received (no timestamp problems) using the oRTP statistics (ortp_global_stats_display()).

You can setup a profile on a per call basis using this:
RtpProfile *prof=rtp_profile_clone(&av_profile);
/* add your dynamic payloads:*/
rtp_profile_set_payload(prof,32,&payload_type_g726_40);
/*...*/
/* set the profile to the session */
rtp_session_set_profile(session,prof);

Hi again,

after adding the new codec definitions, I call the rtp_profile_set_payload() function from my RTP application, but the linker yields an error

"undefined reference to..."

How can I export the newly defined variables?

Dimitris

Simon

When I try to set up a conversation with the SIPURA ATA using any of the
above codecs, I get annoying noise.... - which could be due to further
modifications needed to the oRTP lib or some internal imlementation
error, that is what I am trying to find out. However, my code works just
fine with ALL static PT codecs -G711, G729a.G723. Are there any further
modifications that should be applied to oRTP to support the
aforementioned codecs?

Additionally, the RTP payload type of theses codecs is determined by
the call stack and should be decided on a per call basis. Could anybody
tell me - preferrably using an example - what are the functions I should
call in order to perform such a task?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Dimitris