Re: [Linphone-users] HELP!!! LAN, warning on alsa card and other problem

From: Frederik Ferner
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] HELP!!! LAN, warning on alsa card and other problems :-(
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 00:50:59 +0100

Hi Simon,

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 07:39:45PM +0100, Simon Morlat wrote:
> Don't be confused with that: this attempt to connect to an hp.com host is
> just
> a test to find the interface that reaches the public internet. It is done
> once at startup.

Thanks for pointing this out. I haven't noticed this in my own experiments
with verbose output. This was version 1.0.1 AFAICR, have you added this
in a later version?

(I admit, I haven't looked at the relevant code, so just guessing here.)
Do you need the interface facing the public internet for something else
then guessing the IP to put into the SIP request? What happens in an
environment where this host is not reachable? Ie. private LAN without
connection to the internet, no default route etc...

>  I could have choosed google.com or anything else.

Wouldn't make much of a difference, I guess.

Regards,
Frederik

--
Encrypted email preferred. PGP-KeyID: 0x9B4B9B32
My key is available from the keyservers or at