[Linphone-users] video display problem

From: 양해용
Subject: [Linphone-users] video display problem
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:41:11 +0900

Hi,

I'm trying to compile and execute linphone with video support.

My working environments are following:

* Install environment
  - Linux Fedora Core 4
  - Compiler : gcc version 3.2.3
* Installed program with tar.gz
  - speex-1.1.12
  - libosip2-2.2.2
  - SDL-1.2.9
  - ffmpeg cvs
  - linphone-1.3.2 (with --enable-video option)
* Web camera
  - Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000
  - Installed device driver : pwc-10.0.11
  - Device driver is successfully tested with xawtv-3.95 program
    xawtv program capture image : http://my.netian.com/~formant/xawtv.bmp

I have a critical problem with video display.
The video display capture of mediastreamer/test_v4l execution result is following image:
    http://my.netian.com/~formant/yuv420p.bmp

We can recognize the overall shape and motion. But, the display is almost scrambled...

To debug this problem, I have dumped the camera input data through modifying the mediastreamer/msv4l.c file.
The dumped data is displayed well in YUV420P format.

Another debug approach is to change display mode with RGB24 mode.
To convert the raw image data from YUV420P to RGB24, I have used img_convert() functions in ffmpeg library.
And have modified the video_preview_start() function of mediastreamer/videostream.c.

236> -   ms_sdl_out_set_format(MS_SDL_OUT(stream->output),format);
236> +   ms_sdl_out_set_format(MS_SDL_OUT(stream->output),"RGB24");

The displayed result image is following:
    http://my.netian.com/~formant/rgb.bmp

The center image quality is going down(especially color) and the edge image is scrambled too.

In my opinion, the webcam and device driver have no problem and the v4l or sdl may have some problem.

Is there any developer having experience with similar problem?

Thanks for your help in advance.

- Dragon Yang