Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone Video

From: Francois-Xavier KOWALSKI
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone Video
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:22:26 +0200

Conrad wrote:
Hi,

has anyone successfully made a linphone video call ?

Yes. Works like a charm.

What could one expect? QCIF/CIF H261 H263 (or even other codecs)?

H.263 profile 0 is the one I use. AFAIK, H.261 is better suitaed for high-quality circuit-switched networks, whereas H.263 is made for packet networks. I think that Simon plans to support Theora in the future, but I do not know in which timeframe.

I can't see anything in the user inferface to enable video.
Is it difficult to configure?

This is a build-time choice (--enable-video), not a run-time one.

Would I have to compile myself or are the Debian packages enough?

Picking Linphone from CVS is generally a good thing, especially if you want to have help from this list on experimental topics like video. I do not knwo whether the Debian package is built with video or not.

Thank you for your information
Conrad

--FiX