Re: [Linphone-users] getting started

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] getting started
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 15:36:24 +0200

Le Mardi 2 Mai 2006 07:34, bannyrock a écrit :
> dear all,
>
> 1 ) i have installed speex, libosip and linphone without the glib and ui on
> my fedora core4. but i dunno how to use it, do we have a simple guideline
> or manual that i can get it online?
The procedure is always the same ./configure ; make ; make install

> 2 ) below is the output i got after issue the command linphonec in the
> console windows. is that consider i have sucessfully installed linphone?
Yes

> 3 ) I do have a MIPS board, but there is no /dev/dsp in my /dev directory.
> is that consider linphone can not be used on my MIPS board?
The log shows that linphone has found a valid ALSA device (no /dev/* are
needed).

> 4) according to my mips board manual. the mips board has /dev/oakvoice0
> (which responsible in READING VOICE) and /dev/oakvoice1 (which responsible
> in WRITING VOICE). but how can i make use of it with linphone? or i should
> create a /dev/dsp myself?
/dev/dsp is the device file for the OSS linux api
described /usr/include/linux/soundcard.h
I don't know what is the api for /dev/oakvoiceX and in what file it is
described. Ask your board manufacturer. It is surely one different than OSS,
so linphone would not be able to talk with /dev/oakvoiceX

Simon