Re: [Linphone-users] RE: Building on OpenBSD 3.9]

From: Michael Grigoni
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] RE: Building on OpenBSD 3.9]
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 17:46:40 -0500

Mare Crisium wrote:

I _must_ get linphone to build and work on OpenBSD 3.9
and would appreciate all assistance.

You can build against the ossaudio(3) library but it really requires
native audio(4) support to work properly. That aside, (working from
memory and some incomplete notes) you need to do at least the
following (OpenBSD i386-current, linphone 1.3.5):

Disable linking against librt (-lrt) in mediastreamer2.
Adjust for the correct location of <soundcard.h> where needed.
Add <sys/types.h> to coreapi/enum.c
Provide a replacement or remove the dependency on <alloca.h> in
mediastreamer2/oss.c (I did the former).
Install a newer speex lib than provided by OpenBSD ports/packages.
Link against libossaudio (-lossaudio) where appropriate.
Make a link from /dev/audio to /dev/dsp
Tweak the configure/autoconf framework where needed.

Thanks for your reply; I tackled the task right after I posted
and discovered each of the above but have not yet completed
the build since libosip2-2.2.3 lacks osip_negotiation() for some
reason; I will try with libosip2-2.2.2.  libortp, libosip and
linphone sources' autoconf setup misses a number of things
on obsd; some of it I've fixed in the configure scripts and some
I have not tackled yet but patched the Makefiles instead.
So far I have not found anything that used -lrt when
the configure scripts didn't find it (it is just hardcoded
into the setups) and I've removed it everywhere I've found it.

I'll report my results when completed.

Regards,

Michael