[Linphone-users] linphone-1.3.99.7 is out

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: [Linphone-users] linphone-1.3.99.7 is out
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:49:25 +0200

Hello,

Again a beta release of future 1.4.0...
You can download from
http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/linphone/unstable/source/

The new features since 1.3.5 are currently:
- use of new mediastreamer2 streaming engine
- echo cancellation
- video with H263-1998 and just recently theora codec support (great !)
        Unfortunately I did not follow the xiph draft about theora usage over
rtp
because of technical reasons. I'm currently debating in xiph-rtp mailing list
to try to improve some crucial points.
- basic stun support (automatically guesses the firewall address)

I could make this 1.3.99.7 the official one, but unfortunately it would have
problems in being distributed because osip2 has removed a big part of code
that breaks the compilation of the exosip1 used by linphone. As a consequence
I need to switch to exosip2, which is not so difficult but will take
additional time. The benefits of exosip2 for linphone are great
(authentication for all requests, reinvite support...).