[Linphone-users] Arm-linphone and RAM usage

From: Salvador Gianluca
Subject: [Linphone-users] Arm-linphone and RAM usage
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:57:53 +0200

hi to all the list!
I succesfully cross-compiled linphone for my ARM: EP9302 processor @200MHz, 32MB RAM 16MB Flash!
linphonec works good: i can make and receive calls, but the audio quality isn't acceptable: i have about 10 secs delay and not all the words arrives!
What can i do to enhance the audio quality? I though there could be some ways to do this:
1. in the .linphonerc file there is a list of codecs that can be used. I think that the lowest for bit rate (speex, gsm, ...) it could be a good choice
2. in the .linphonerc file i found "audio_jitt_comp=60" in rtp section. what it means? Could it help me improving audio quality and delay?
3. If the audio streaming is stored in a buffer (perhaps circular?) before to be compressed-decompressed, i could enhance the buffer-size...
4. the RAM usage is shared between linux filesystem and execution, and users applications. I could increase the application part and reduce filesystem...
What do you think about this ways? Are they correct?
Where can i find an in-deep documentation about how linphonec uses RAM resources?
Any other ideas?
Thanks and best regards,
Gian