[Linphone-users] FWIW, linphone 1.3.5 built and working on Zipit Wireles

From: Michael Grigoni
Subject: [Linphone-users] FWIW, linphone 1.3.5 built and working on Zipit Wireless Messenger (90MHz ARM720T)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 00:23:37 -0500

Greetings:

I am pleased to report that linphone 1.3.5 was successfully
built on the Zipit Wireless Messenger (natively, not using
a cross-toolchain) and in preliminary tests, I am able to
place and receive calls with good incoming GSM audio
using 'linphonec'. The Zipit is running Linux kernel 2.4.21.

Since the Zipit does not have an audio ADC, only DTMF
or prerecorded audio can be transmitted, but as a tool to
access voicemail or voice response systems, it is quite
useful.

I am impressed that it works as well as it does on such
a small platform; the tests were with calls made to and from
a Teliann SIP phone.  Tests with our Asterisk PBX have
audio problems which may be due to codec selection but will
need more research.

I also look forward to an eventual resolution of threads issues
on OpenBSD...

Please visit: http://www.cybertheque.org/homebrew/zipit/
for more details.

Regards,