Re: [Linphone-users] Run codecs in 8 bit

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Run codecs in 8 bit
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 21:12:39 +0200

Le mardi 10 octobre 2006 15:47, Micha Nelissen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> How hard is it to run the codecs in 8 bit ? My target system does not
> support 8 KHz / 16 bit well, only 8 bit.
8bit pcm does not give a good quality. Perhaps it's 8bit g711 (pcmu or pcma).
In mediastreamer2/src
you need to modify one of the soundcard reader/writer (alsa.c or oss.c,
depending on whether you use alsa or old oss drivers), and the connection of
graph done in audiostream.c to insert the proper decoder to pcm 16 bit if the
samples returned by the audio device are pcmu or pcma.

Simon