Re: [Linphone-users] IPv6 and eXosip_guess_ip_for_via()

From: Frederik Ferner
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] IPv6 and eXosip_guess_ip_for_via()
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 12:57:06 +0000

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 03:08:53PM +0200, Tomi Hautakoski wrote:
> I'm using linphone in an IPv6 network and every time the program
> starts it is trying to connect to this ip:
> 2001:638:500:101:2e0:81ff:fe24:37c6. Looks like it is run from
> eXosip_guess_ip_for_via(int family, char *address, int size) but why?
> Does it have something to do with DNS?

Some time ago in a slightly different context Simon mentioned that a
IPv4 address that I noticed in debugging output was used by linphone to
guess the interface with access to the internet. Maybe it's the same
or similar case here?

A quick check with whois reveals that this IPv6 address seems
to belong to the University Muenster, Germany. (They seemed to do quite
a bit of research on IPv6...)

> Thanks for any answers

HTH

> and for the great program!

I can only agree here and add my own thanks.

Cheers,
Frederik