Re: [Linphone-users] Display Name and rport

From: Ari El
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Display Name and rport
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 14:04:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi Thomas, thanks for the tip on where to locate the file.

On the display name question, I can't see any parameter in linphonerc or in
the main app dialogs that would allow me to change it. An example of a
display name would be "J Rose"  in this header:

From: "Janet Rose" <sip:address@hidden>

On the rport question, I am asking about RFC 3581 support
(http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3581.txt)
This is a very simple extension to the 'via' headers that aids to overcome
the nat problem. Ekiga and in fact all sip clients I work with in production
support it, I hope linphone does too, (and if not, this could be a feature
request :) If it is there I need to know how to activate it. I suspect part
of the problems I'm having are due to this.

Thanks!