[Linphone-users] Network load high on debian

From: Alec Gorjestani
Subject: [Linphone-users] Network load high on debian
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 08:45:46 -0600

Hello,

I have installed linphone (1.5) on a debian linux machine and it works fine. However, the network load seems very high (+80%) when connection is made and drops down to near zero when the call is terminated. I have tried speex and GSM codecs. Haved turned off all video codecs (sound only). I set the band width limits to ~30 Kbps for both upload and download. Does anyone know what can cause such a high network load? The network load on the windows XP machine running linphone is very low. It was set to the same settings as the debian machine.

Thanks,
Alec