Re: [Linphone-users] STUN server queried but result not used for SIP

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] STUN server queried but result not used for SIP
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 16:50:42 +0200

I think the problem is only that linphone does not uses the port given in the
STUN response. It implicitely assumes no port changes occurs when going
through the firewall, which is in several case wrong: if the nat is a windows
machine, if the port is already used on the firewall, then the firewall
chooses another one.

The stun support in linphone is still experimental, there are lots of things
to do, such as ICE support that are planned for next months.

Sorry for this trouble. However this problem should not produce with
equipments that assume symmetric-RTP and thus always return audio back to the
port it comes from. This is the case of linphone and freephonie.net's
gateways.

Simon