Re: [Linphone-users] problems with linphonec

From: Luca Olivetti
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] problems with linphonec
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 22:48:43 +0200

[please, keep the discussion on the list]

On 8/2/07, Sauro Cesaretti <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't know if my router supports the sip.
> It's an ISDN router and the brand is Zyxel.
> But the strange thing is that,it works in windows

with a sip program? then probably it's not the router.

> and above all it receives
> the call under linux but
> I can't hear the voice.

voice uses a different set of ports, so it's possible to receive a
call without voice.

> it seems that it's software problem.
> What do you think?
> Have you ever met this kind of problem?

well, yes, but it usually depends on the router *and* the settings of
the program. With linphonec I'd suggest to set the stun server address
("stun xxxx", where xxx is the address of your provider stun server),
then use "firewall stun".
Bye
--
Luca