Re: [Linphone-users] DTMF on linux 64-bit system

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] DTMF on linux 64-bit system
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 14:10:48 +0200

Hello,

Linphone sends DTMF via RTP RFC2833 extension or SIP info, depending on your
settings.
Try each one, if none works, that means that the gateway does not support
those standarts.
The only solution would be that linphone sends dtmf "inband" that is modulate
them in the stream, which normally should be avoided because voip codecs
often severely degrade the quality of DTMFs (that's the reason of the
existence of RFC2833 mode). This is a non trivial change in linphone, that's
why I would prefer that you send an enhancement request to viatalk's SIP
service.
First, send me a log so that I can confirm that the viatalk gateway really
does not support RFC2833 (telephone-event).

Simon