[Linphone-users] linphonec lacks of pauses when write data into .wav fil

From: Roman Imankulov
Subject: [Linphone-users] linphonec lacks of pauses when write data into .wav files
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 15:51:30 +0500

Hi,

I'm trying to emulate a network with packet losses to estimate sound quality with different codecs and with different network conditions. To store output data I use linphonec as follows:

echo -ne "record ~/output.wav\nsoundcard use files\n" | ./linphonec -a

Unfortunately, I find out that application don't insert pauses into output .wav file. When packet is lost, listener have to hear the silence during this interval, thus .wav file have to be filled by zeroes. Instead linphonec writes packets one right after other. I think it's quite easy to add into code smth. like:

quiet_interval_length = current_time - size_of_data_packet - arrival_time_of_prev_packet

Can I hope that this behaviour will be treated as bug and will be fixed sometime?

--
WBR, Roman Imankulov