Re: [Linphone-users] ADSL modem crash when using linphone-2.0.0

From: Conrad Beckert
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] ADSL modem crash when using linphone-2.0.0
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 20:24:25 +0100

> get it working, because my ADSL modem crashed every time I'm trying to
> add proxy in the preferences window. I'd mention that was quite unexpected
> behavior for
> me... Any thoughts about this issue?
It is. What happened with me was that my modem crashed when I talked.

That happened due to interference on the phone line. After long
discussion with the provider and many stupid tests (like pulling out the
cable in the entrance room and connect from there instead as from the
extention) the've sent me another modem- and it worked.
Obviously the old  modem was fine for surfing some websites but not for
heavy workloads that come from VoIP (or even video)

You should contact your provider. (you don't have to tell you're
voIP'ing - tell them you download...)

Conrad